How Healthy You Are?
Six Pack abs
Tips of how to stay young.....
Some of good habits for longevity.
Honey & Cinnamon
- Laugh & fun, don't be gloomy.
- Let bygones be bygones. Dwelling on the past inflicts unnecessary stress.
- Early to bed, early to rise, is healthy & wise.
- Stay lean, being just 30% overweight is bad.
- Keep learning, reading & socializing - an alert & active mind keeps brain cells healthy.
- Keep working, doing something you like. Don't retire, it slows down your body.
- Be the boss of your own life. Letting others push you around produces stress.
- Too many pills ruin your body, take just what you need.
- Constantly alternating between weight gain & loss is bad.
- Exercise, quit smoking and eat less fatty foods
- Do not worry about health & death, just get on with your life and enjoy it.
It is found that mixture of Honey and Cinnamon cures most of the diseases. Honey is produced in most of the countries of the world. Ayurvedic as well as Yunani medicine have been using honey as a vital medicine for centuries. Scientists of today also accept honey as a Ram Ban (very effective) medicine for all kinds of diseases. Honey can be used without any side effects for any kind of diseases. Today's science says that even though honey is sweet, if taken in the right dosage as a medicine, it does not harm diabetic patients also.
Eat plenty of fish - fish oil helps prevent headaches. So does ginger, which reduces inflammation and pain.
Although an apple has a low Vitamin C content, it has antioxidants & flavonoids which enhances the activity of Vitamin C thereby helping to lower the risks of colon cancer, heart attack & stroke.
Strawberries have the highest total antioxidant power among major fruits & protect the body from cancer causing, blood vessels clogging free radicals.
Causes of cancer
Smoking is very often the main cause of cancer. It kills us silently and drains money from us quietly. There're 4,000 harmful chemicals (though in diluted form) in one stick of cigarette. Taking one puff is 600 times worst than inhaling the exhaust fumes from vehicles.
Some food that cause cancer are,
1. Barbecued Food
2. Deep Fried Food
3. Overheating Meat
4. Food that is high in fat causes our bile to secrete acid that contains a chemical which is a promoter of cancer cells.
5. Food that contains preservatives, too much salt or nitrates (e.g. Canned food, Salted egg & veggies, sausages, etc.)
6. Overnight Rice (where Aflatoxin is accumulated)
7. Food that is low in fibre: Our body needs 25 gm of both soluble & insoluble fibre daily. We must drink at least 1.5 litres of plain water a day.
8. Contaminated Food.
Tips for a beautiful life
Tips for Winter
- Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day. And while you walk, smile.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
- Sleep for 7 hours.
- Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
- Play more games.
- Read more books than you did in last year.
- Make time to practice meditation, yoga, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
- Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
- Dream more while you are awake.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
- Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
- Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
- Smile and laugh more.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
- Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
- Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about. Don't compare your partner with others.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- The best is yet to come.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- Do the right thing!
- Call your family often.
- Your inner most is always happy. So be happy.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Don't over do. Keep your limits.
- Drink lots of water to increase the amount of moisture in
the body, this helps to prevent congestion. It also helps to
thin the mucus for proper drainage.
- Wear warm clothes to cover yourself.
- Hot food like non-veg is said to keep the body warm and fit.
- Person suffering from arthritis or osteoporosis should do
regular exercise to warm up the body and stay well.
- Taking long baths during winter can dry skin.
Apply moisturizer after bath.
- Give yourself a foot spa. Buy a warming foot scrub and
use this to clean the bottom of your feet to make them soft and
- Elbows and knees might suffer the driest patches in your
body due to exposure to mist and cold. To exfoliate these dark
spots, rub a lemon on the area and then apply your preferred
- Maintain moisture in your lips by regularly
applying lip balm. The best is still applying petroleum jelly on
lips and leaving it overnight.