Symptoms of Diabetes in children and Adolescent
- Passing of excess urine that may cause bedwetting
and thirstiness symptoms.
- Development of the child maybe slower
and the child shows lazy attitude.
- Abdominal pain, vomiting, dehydration and
acidosis may develop gradually.
- The diabetic child loses weight and looks
- He is prone to respiratory and other
- Toxins build-up in the blood and make it
- Breath is sweet smelling skin and tongue
- The child feels drowsy.
You can help avoid many immediate problems and
long-term complications, such as eye, kidney, heart,
blood vessel, and nerve disease, by following the
- To help people develop a healthy attitude
towards having diabetes. As your child
grows and develops, let him or her assume
appropriate responsibility for treatment.
- Encourage and supporting the child to keep
blood sugar levels within normal or near
- Check the blood sugar level regularly for
high & low levels
- Recognizing and treating high and low
blood sugar quickly. Make sure everyone
who cares for child knows how to treat
high and low blood sugar episodes.
- Discussing the dangers of smoking,
drinking alcohol, and using other drugs.
- Keeping the child's immunization up to
date. Diabetes can affects the immune
system increasing the risk of developing a